Get Your Party On with UTOPIA
July 10th, 2012
You love UTOPIA, you love the light-speed connection you have through our partner ISPs, and you want to show off how fast everything works in your home. We can help, and reward you at the same time!
UTOPIA wants to energize its fans and help people see and experience for themselves how one thin line changes everything. If you’re a current UTOPIA customer and want to host a cottage party with friends who aren’t on the UTOPIA network, we’ll come to your home, bring some snacks, and offer plenty of information.
And, for a limited time, we’ll give all cottage party hosts a suitable token of our appreciation ($50 Visa gift card, Roku box, Apple TV, etc.). It’s like a Tupperware party for the information age!
These parties are unbeatable opportunities for you and us to share what sets UTOPIA apart and give people a hands-on chance to experience the world’s fastest Internet. If you are a current customer and want to host a cottage party, contact Angie Shipmon at email@example.com. If UTOPIA is not currently available in your area and you would like to host a UTOPIA information session, contact Jason Russell at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For cottage parties, it’s important that we work together to properly represent UTOPIA and ensure your experience as host is a positive one. The following guidelines will help accomplish that. Before you commit to hosting, please read these guidelines to better understand your role and what UTOPIA will provide. We look forward to working with you.
- We have seen our greatest success with cottage parties that run from 6-8 p.m.
- The ideal amount of guests is from three to eight couples.
- Invitations will be provided by UTOPIA but it is the host’s responsibility to distribute them. We encourage you to only invite neighbors who live in a UTOPIA-serviceable area. UTOPIA will provide the maps that illustrate the serviceable areas in your neighborhood.
- UTOPIA will provide light snacks. If you would like to provide food or cook for this event, UTOPIA can coordinate to bring something that would complement your offerings.
- We encourage you to have a computer set up so your guests can experience the UTOPIA difference for themselves.
- We will have a minimum of two UTOPIA representatives at the party (Awareness Advocate and Event Coordinator).
- All informational/marketing material will be provided and brought by UTOPIA.
- Decorations are at the homeowner’s discretion. UTOPIA will set up and remove signage, balloons, etc.
- UTOPIA personnel will arrive approximately 30 minutes before the event starts to help get everything ready.